VII Galina Vishnevskaya International Opera Singers Competition will take place in Moscow October 20 to 25, 2018.
The Competition’s Jury panel headed by Olga Rostropovich, Artistic Director of the Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre, will consist of international opera stars as well as senior executives of world’s major opera houses, festivals and artistic agencies.
May 20 – September 20, 2018
Admission audition: Contestants’ selection based on video-recordings
Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre
I PRIZE $ 15,000*
II PRIZE $ 10,000*
III PRIZE $ 7,000*
*equivalent in Russian Roubles according to the exchange rate on the day of payment
Applications are to be submitted May 20 through September 20, 2018
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Women aged 21 to 30 inclusive
- Men aged 22 to 33 inclusive
are eligible for the Opera Competition.
No exceptions to this rule are applicable.
- The admission audition is based on video-recordings of 2 opera arias (scenes) lasting for a total of 15 minutes.
- All Competition performances are public.
- The Competition performance order is defined by the draw and kept till the end of the Competition.
- The Competition consists of three rounds.
- The number of participants admitted to the first round should not exceed 50.
- The First and the Second rounds are held at the Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre.
- The First round is for the contestant to perform two opera arias of the repertoire listed above accompanied by piano.
- The Second round is for the contestant to perform two opera arias (one of which should be Russian) accompanied by piano.
- The Third round is for the contestants to perform two opera arias or scenes accompanied by a symphony orchestra.
- All musical pieces are performed in the original language and key.
- All the participants are to provide the scores of their chosen programmes.
- The Competition provides the contestants with pianists for the First and Second rounds free of charge; the contestants are also allowed to perform with their own pianists (in this case, the pianist’s accommodation and other expenses are not covered by the Competition).
The Competition provides the First round contestants with the following:
- hotel accommodation
through the Competition
The participants who have not managed to pass the Second or the Third round as well as their vocal coaches and pianists may stay in Moscow at their own expense.
Arias from operas by:
The following documents should be attached:
- filled in application form (to download please click here) in English
- a photocopy of passport
- a photocopy of the musical education diploma
- video recording (YouTube/DVD) of 2 opera arias or scenes with total duration of 15-20 minutes, recorded within the last 6 months
- 2 portrait photographs
- artistic CV and repertoire
- copies of diplomas or professional awards certificates, if any
The application should be submitted within September 20, 2018
Ostozhenka str. 25-1, Moscow, Russia, 119034
Galina Vishnevskaya International Competition
The participants who have been admitted by the Jury to the First round shall arrive to Moscow upon invitation, which is sent within 25 days prior to the Competition start.
For any additional information please contact us at
+7 (495) 637 56 37
+ 7 916 651 63 04
+ 7 916 140 75 50