VII Galina Vishnevskaya International Opera Singers Competition will take place in Moscow June 2 to 7, 2019.
February 1 – April 25, 2019
Admission audition: Contestants’ selection based on video-recordings
Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre
June 3, 4
Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Music Theatre
I PRIZE $ 15,000*
II PRIZE $ 10,000*
III PRIZE $ 7,000*
*equivalent in Russian Roubles according to the exchange rate on the day of payment
Applications are to be submitted February 1 through April 25, 2019
Olga Rostropovich (Russia)
Chairman of the Jury
Artistic Director, Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre
Samuel Gelber (USA)
Director of Artistic Planing, Washington National Opera
Tobias Hasan (Germany)
Opera Manager, Staatsoper Berlin
Makvala Kasrashvili (Russia)
Soprano, Professor, Assistant to the Head Conductor, Bolshoi Theatre
Miguel Lerin (Spain)
Badri Maisuradze (Georgia)
Tenor, General and Artistic Director, Georgian National Opera and Ballet Theater of Tbilisi
Stefano Mazzonis di Pralafera (Belgium)
General and Artistic Director, Opera Royal of Wallonia-Liege
Anna Maria Meo (Italy)
General Director, Teatro Regio di Parma
Christina Scheppelmann (Spain)
General and Artistic Director, Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona
Designate General Director, Seattle Opera
International Opera Manager
Annette Weber (Germany)
Casting Director, Staatsoper Hamburg
Dolora Zajick (USA)
Mezzo, Voice Teacher, General Director, Institute for Young Dramatic Voices
List of participants admitted to the I round of the Galina Vishnevskaya International Opera Singers Competition
Ababkin Sergei, baritone (Russia)
Arkhipova Valentina, soprano (Russia)
Asvoynova Marianna, soprano (Russia)
Baikoff Erika, soprano (USA)
Barun Anastasia, soprano (Russia)
Benevich Galina, soprano (Israel)
Bublik Aleksey, baritone (Russia)
Chelidze Giorgi, bass (Georgia)
Cherskaia Iuliia, soprano (Russia)
Chervinsky Pavel, bass (Russia)
Chuluunbaatar Badral, baritone (Mongolia)
Danusevich Marta, soprano (Belarus)
Denisov Denis, baritone (Russia)
Druhak Alina, soprano (Ukraine)
Dubovitsky Timofey, tenor (Russia)
Enkhbold Ankhbayar, baritone (Mongolia)
Erdenee Ochirsaikhan, baritone (Mongolia)
Hajzušová Tatiana, soprano (Slovakia)
Hu Hao, tenor (China)
Iamaletdinova Dinara, soprano (Russia)
Istratii Liliana, mezzo-soprano (Moldova)
Jienan Zhou, baritone (China)
Jin Young-Kug, bass (South Korea)
Kaydalov Sergey, baritone (Russia)
Kazakov Ilia, bass (Russia)
Khafizova Dinara, soprano (Russia)
Koroleva Aleksandra, soprano(Russia)
Krukovich Roman, tenor (Belarus)
Kryvokhata Andrii, tenor (Ukraine)
Lagodur’ Valeria, mezzo-soprano (Russia)
Lee Myungin, tenor (South Korea)
Malieloa Palesa, soprano (South Africa)
Mchedlishvili Sofia, soprano (Georgia)
Min Gil Byeong, bass (South Korea)
Mofokeng Eddie, baritone (South Africa)
Muzychenko Juliia, soprano (Russia)
Nalbandiants Anna, soprano (Russia)
Nesterenko Ksenia, soprano (Russia)
Osipov Konstantin, baritone (Russia)
Park Changdai, bass-baritone (South Korea)
Poddubnaya Evgeniya, soprano (Russia)
Podgorodnev Ivan, tenor (Russia)
Savchenko Artem, baritone (Russia)
Shaytanova Anna, mezzo-soprano (Russia)
Sherazadishvili Irina, mezzo-soprano (Georgia)
Skliarenko Andrei, tenor (Russia)
Skobek Łukasz, baritone (Poland)
Starodubov Dmitry, baritone (Russia)
Stepanyan Nvard, soprano (Armenia)
Toikenov Narul, tenor (Kazakhstan)
Vershinin Timofey, bass (Russia)
Yeghiazaryan Elen, soprano (Armenia)
Yi Wang, soprano (China)
Zachariah Kariithi, baritone (Kenia)
Zakaidze Nino, mezzo-soprano (Georgia)
Zimina Natalya, mezzo-soprano (Russia)
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Women aged 21 to 30 inclusive
- Men aged 22 to 33 inclusive
are eligible for the Opera Competition.
No exceptions to this rule are applicable.
- The admission audition is based on video-recordings of 2 opera arias (scenes) lasting for a total of 15 minutes.
- All Competition performances are public.
- The Competition performance order is defined by the draw and kept till the end of the Competition.
- The Competition consists of three rounds.
- The number of participants admitted to the first round should not exceed 50.
- The First and the Second rounds are held at the Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre.
- The First round is for the contestant to perform two opera arias of the repertoire listed above accompanied by piano.
- The Second round is for the contestant to perform two opera arias (one of which should be Russian) accompanied by piano.
- The Third round is for the contestants to perform two opera arias or scenes accompanied by a symphony orchestra.
- All musical pieces are performed in the original language and key.
- All the participants are to provide the scores of their chosen programmes.
- The Competition provides the contestants with pianists for the First and Second rounds free of charge; the contestants are also allowed to perform with their own pianists (in this case, the pianist’s accommodation and other expenses are not covered by the Competition).
The Competition provides the First round contestants with the following:
- hotel accommodation
through the Competition
The participants who have not managed to pass the Second or the Third round as well as their vocal coaches and pianists may stay in Moscow at their own expense.
Arias from operas by:
The following documents should be attached:
- filled in application form (to download please click here) in English
- a photocopy of passport
- a photocopy of the musical education diploma
- video recording (YouTube/DVD) of 2 opera arias or scenes with total duration of 15-20 minutes, recorded within the last 6 months
- 2 portrait photographs
- artistic CV and repertoire
- copies of diplomas or professional awards certificates, if any
The application should be submitted within April 25, 2019
Ostozhenka str. 25-1, Moscow, Russia, 119034
Galina Vishnevskaya International Competition
The participants who have been admitted by the Jury to the First round shall arrive to Moscow upon invitation, which is sent within 25 days prior to the Competition start.
For any additional information please contact us at
+7 (495) 637 56 37
+ 7 916 651 63 04
+ 7 916 140 75 50